FTC Says Facebook Will Need Permission From WhatsAppers To Use Their Data
Facebook will need the “affirmative consent” of WhatsApp users in order to use their data for advertising or anything. The ruling comes from Federal Trade Commission alongside its approval in US for Facebook to acquire WhatsApp. The $19 billion deal announced in February will still have to get past international regulators.
- “WhatsApp does not collect names, emails, addresses or other contact information from its users’ mobile address book or contact lists other than mobile phone numbers”
- “We do not collect location data”
- “The contents of messages that have been delivered by the WhatsApp Service are not copied,
- kept or archived by WhatsApp.”
- “We do not use your mobile phone number…
View original post 537 more words